I left my role as a Community Matron when I had my third child. It is a hugely rewarding job being a mother to three small children, however, after a few years I was started a quest to put the ‘grey matter’ into another challenge.
I experienced acupuncture for the first time during my first pregnancy, I have since had a fascination with herbs and alternative therapies and how they can support the body’s natural ability to heal itself. I had made the decision not to return to nursing, so started to research acupuncture again.
I chose to go to CICM for an interview and an open day at the same time. I was surprised at how easy the journey was from Somerset. Plus, only a ten-minute walk from the train station to college. Perfect! The open day was enlightening, and the staff and students were so happy and friendly. The atmosphere was charged with positive energy. I knew instantly that this was where I wanted to study. On my journey back to Somerset I felt invigorated and knew I had to study at CICM. I was so excited at this prospect.
How to apply
- Download and complete the application form and email it to Karen Starr, our registrar and please make your payment online for the registration fee. The fee will be refunded if you are not accepted onto the course.
- Karen will then organise an interview for you. For the time being interviews will take place via zoom. The interview will take about 30 minutes.
- You will hear whether you have been accepted within a week of the interview.
- If successful you will need to secure your place with a non-refundable deposit of £400, which can be paid online.
- More information on our Admissions, Transparency Report and other Policies.
Contact Karen Starr for all applications and questions regarding the course.
What we look for in an application
- A passion for acupuncture and Chinese medicine
- An interest in health and the development of wellbeing
- The ability to develop the necessary theoretical, practical and treatment skills
- The time and resources to undertake and complete the course of study
- Fluency in the English language both written and oral. If English is not your first language and your secondary education has not been undertaken in English, we will ask to see a level 6.5 (academic) IELTS certificate, with no element less than 6, before you start the course
Whilst we prefer academic qualifications, your acceptance onto the course will be based on your application form and successful interview. We are interested in your personal experience and your commitment to training as an acupuncturist and consider each application on its individual merits. You may be asked to sit a comprehension test if you don't have level 3 qualifications.
Please contact Karen Starr (firstname.lastname@example.org ) to discuss your individual circumstances. She will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We accept applications at any time of year for our weekday course starting in the autumn or our weekend course starting in the spring. The earlier you apply the greater the chance of space on the intake you want. Call us to check if we still have places available on the next course.
From October 2021, we are accepting applications from international students and EU applicants who do not have leave to remain in the UK. As a first step you will need to submit your application and have a preliminary interview. The course is subject to current fees plus £2000 per year administration charges.
Further information on the criteria required is available from https://www.gov.uk/student-visa
For more information please contact email@example.com