"It was the best decision I have ever made.
That decision was to quit my job, move countries and study at the renowned college of acupuncture, the college of integrated Chinese medicine (CICM). I graduated from CICM in 2010 and now run a busy practice in the heart of Barcelona.
I love what I do and I can’t imagine a profession more suited to me. I spend my day making people happy, which gives me so much job satisfaction. All of my fellow classmates are still in practice either full or part -time since we graduated. I think that says a lot about the quality of the training we received during the course.
We all continue to be passionate about acupuncture and can’t imagine doing another career now. The majority of us are even still in contact and continue to support each other and share knowledge and experience. The course at CICM is comprehensive and thorough. It was not always an easy journey, but the enthusiasm, dedication and support of the teachers and staff of CICM made it a trip worth taking."
Tania Spearman, cicm graduate
How to apply
- Complete an application form, and return it to Karen Starr, our Registrar with an application fee of £50. You can either send a cheque with your application form, or make your payment online. The fee will be refunded if you are not accepted onto the course.
- Karen will then organise an interview for you. Most interviews take place on the morning of an open day although alternative dates can be organised if this is not convenient. The interview will take about 30 minutes.
- You will hear whether you have been accepted within 4 days of the interview.
- If successful you will need to secure your place with a non-refundable deposit of £400, which can be paid online.
To read our full admissions and selection policy, click here.
The college is committed to a policy of equal opportunities for students, staff and patients. To read our full policy, click here.
To read our accreditation of prior learning policy, click here.
To read our full IELTS policy, click here.
Contact Karen Starr for all applications and questions regarding the course.
Please note, these requirements are a preferred minimum so if you don't meet the below criteria please do get in touch with Karen Starr (email@example.com /0118 9508880) to discuss your individual circumstances.
Five GCSEs at grade C or above, to include English and mathematics and
- two ‘A’ Levels at E grade or above OR
- A BTEC national diploma or advanced GNVQ at Level 3; or a minimum of 80 points at AVCE double award; or 2 passes at ‘C’ in Scottish highers; or 6 passes at ‘C’ grade or above at higher level in Irish learning certificate. (Note general studies will not normally be accepted as a qualifying subject)
Mature students and those from other EU countries without the qualifications above will be considered on an individual basis.
We accept applications at any time of year for our weekday course starting in the autumn or our weekend course starting in the spring. The earlier you apply the greater the chance of space on the intake you want. Call us to check if we still have places available on the next course.
What we look for in an application
- A passion for acupuncture and Chinese medicine
- An interest in health and the development of wellbeing
- The ability to develop the necessary theoretical, practical and treatment skills
- The time and resources to undertake and complete the course of study
- Fluency in the English language. If English is not your first language and your secondary education has not been undertaken in English, we will ask to see a level 6.5 (academic) IELTS certificate, with no element less than 6, before you start the course