I left my role as a Community Matron when I had my third child. It is a hugely rewarding job being a mother to three small children, however, after a few years I was started a quest to put the ‘grey matter’ into another challenge.
I experienced acupuncture for the first time during my first pregnancy, I have since had a fascination with herbs and alternative therapies and how they can support the body’s natural ability to heal itself. I had made the decision not to return to nursing, so started to research acupuncture again.
I chose to go to CICM for an interview and an open day at the same time. I was surprised at how easy the journey was from Somerset. Plus, only a ten-minute walk from the train station to college. Perfect! The open day was enlightening, and the staff and students were so happy and friendly. The atmosphere was charged with positive energy. I knew instantly that this was where I wanted to study. On my journey back to Somerset I felt invigorated and knew I had to study at CICM. I was so excited at this prospect.
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application form and return it to Karen Starr, our Registrar with an application fee of £50. You can either send a cheque with your application form, or make your payment online. The fee will be refunded if you are not accepted onto the course.
- Karen will then organise an interview for you. Most interviews take place on the morning of an open day although alternative dates can be organised if this is not convenient. The interview will take about 30 minutes.
- You will hear whether you have been accepted within 4 days of the interview.
- If successful you will need to secure your place with a non-refundable deposit of £400, which can be paid online.
- More information on our Admissions, Transparency Report and other Policies
Contact Karen Starr for all applications and questions regarding the course.
Whilst we ask for your academic qualifications your acceptance onto the course will be based on your application form and successful interview. We are interested in your personal experience and your commitment to training as an acupuncturist and consider each application on its individual merits.
Please contact Karen Starr (email@example.com 0118 950 8880) to discuss your individual circumstances. She will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We accept applications at any time of year for our weekday course starting in the autumn or our weekend course starting in the spring. The earlier you apply the greater the chance of space on the intake you want. Call us to check if we still have places available on the next course.
What we look for in an application
- A passion for acupuncture and Chinese medicine
- An interest in health and the development of wellbeing
- The ability to develop the necessary theoretical, practical and treatment skills
- The time and resources to undertake and complete the course of study
- Fluency in the English language. If English is not your first language and your secondary education has not been undertaken in English, we will ask to see a level 6.5 (academic) IELTS certificate, with no element less than 6, before you start the course