"It was the best decision I have ever made.
That decision was to quit my job, move countries and study at the renowned college of acupuncture, the college of integrated Chinese medicine (CICM). I graduated from CICM in 2010 and now run a busy practice in the heart of Barcelona.
I love what I do and I can’t imagine a profession more suited to me. I spend my day making people happy, which gives me so much job satisfaction. All of my fellow classmates are still in practice either full or part -time since we graduated. I think that says a lot about the quality of the training we received during the course.
We all continue to be passionate about acupuncture and can’t imagine doing another career now. The majority of us are even still in contact and continue to support each other and share knowledge and experience. The course at CICM is comprehensive and thorough. It was not always an easy journey, but the enthusiasm, dedication and support of the teachers and staff of CICM made it a trip worth taking."
Tania Spearman, cicm graduate
How to apply
- Download and complete the Application form and return it to Karen Starr, our Registrar with an application fee of £50. You can either send a cheque with your application form, or make your payment online. The fee will be refunded if you are not accepted onto the course.
- Karen will then organise an interview for you. Most interviews take place on the morning of an open day although alternative dates can be organised if this is not convenient. The interview will take about 30 minutes.
- You will hear whether you have been accepted within 4 days of the interview.
- If successful you will need to secure your place with a non-refundable deposit of £400, which can be paid online.
- More information on our Admissions and other Policies
Contact Karen Starr for all applications and questions regarding the course.
Whilst we ask for your academic qualifications your acceptance onto the course will be based on your application form and successful interview. We are interested in your personal experience and your commitment to training as an acupuncturist and consider each application on its individual merits.
Please contact Karen Starr (firstname.lastname@example.org 0118 950 8880) to discuss your individual circumstances. She will be happy to answer any questions you have.
We accept applications at any time of year for our weekday course starting in the autumn or our weekend course starting in the spring. The earlier you apply the greater the chance of space on the intake you want. Call us to check if we still have places available on the next course.
What we look for in an application
- A passion for acupuncture and Chinese medicine
- An interest in health and the development of wellbeing
- The ability to develop the necessary theoretical, practical and treatment skills
- The time and resources to undertake and complete the course of study
- Fluency in the English language. If English is not your first language and your secondary education has not been undertaken in English, we will ask to see a level 6.5 (academic) IELTS certificate, with no element less than 6, before you start the course