"The course has proved to be excellent, but also challenging at times, especially as English is not my first language and I am the mother of four children.
It has been made possible for me to succeed in the course by virtue of the superb support I have received all along the way from my tutors.
This is not just an academic course, but also one that enables the student to become a more rounded person. I would highly recommend CICM to anyone who wishes to study Chinese medicine."
Suzi Benford, cicm graduate
Studying with us
Why study our BSc acupuncture course?
The college of integrated Chinese medicine offers a 3 year full time acupuncture degree course with the option of attending at weekends (spring intake) or weekday (autumn intake). We are validated by Kingston university and students are eligible for student loans. The course is accredited by the British acupuncture accreditation board and all our graduates are eligible to join the main professional body, the British acupuncture council. We are the largest UK acupuncture college and one of the keys to the strong reputation of our college is the popularity of integration with UK acupuncturists whose recommendations provide us with the majority of our students.
Another reason for our success is the quality of our teaching staff and our commitment to staff development. Ever mindful of ways to improve teaching and learning processes, we have an ongoing teacher development programme and all teachers are engaged in regular clinical practice and are experienced acupuncturists.
What we offer
- When you graduate you will receive a BSc (Hons) Acupuncture degree
- In February 2003 the college was validated by Kingston university. Graduates are awarded a BSc (Hons) degree as well as a licentiate in acupuncture (Lic Ac). We believe that university validation is an essential requirement for all courses training healthcare professionals
- Kingston university is a forward looking university with excellent educational standards and a similar ethos to our own. We are proud to be associated with it. Our students and graduates benefit from access to university facilities, including their library. They can access canvas, the university's online teaching, learning and communication facility, and download lecture notes
- Graduates of BAAB accredited courses are eligible to join the British Acupuncture Council (BAcC), the UK's lead governing body for acupuncture
- You will learn the two main styles of acupuncture taught in this country, five element constitutional style and traditional Chinese medicine (TCM)
- You will be taught to integrate both styles so your patients can benefit from both styles of treatment
- We offer two study options: a weekend or a weekday course. This allows you to choose the option which best fits with your other commitments. Read more about how course time is organised
- You will be attending classes in the beautiful learning environment. Our Georgian grade 2 listed buildings are at the heart of the lively town of Reading, Berkshire.
- Study skills sessions, learning support and regional groups to help you learn