Health is movement : The power of integrating tuina and acupuncture
Date(s): 13 October 2022
Eligibility: Acupuncture graduates
This practical course will allow acupuncture practitioners to immediately apply learnt skills and techniques to their practice. This course is ideal for those wanting to understand how to incorporate tuina into their treatments and the reality of how to use this wonderful modality alongside acupuncture. Attendees can also expect positive patient and clinical outcomes and improved palpation skills.
The course is open to all acupuncturists and third year students.
The course includes:
- Nourish and energising qigong
- Tuina self-message routine to enliven all the senses
- Opening up the flow of qi to enhance palpation and needling techniques
- Four core tuina techniques and sample uses
- How & why tuina and acupuncture can be combined to maximise patient outcomes (If you want to briefly mention tung and tuina compatibility here, then fine)
- Practical demonstration of tuina and acupuncture used in a combined treatment
- Clearing qigong to finish
You will be expected to work in pairs during the course
Alex graduated with a BSc Hons in acupuncture at the internationally renowned College of Integrated Chinese Medicine. He has diplomas in tuina and classical Chinese herbal medicine. He is course leader for the diploma course in tuina at CICM. He works in private practice, community acupuncture and is the main supervisor of CICM’s tuina teaching clinic.
This one day course is mainly practical, and based on Alex’s experience of over a decade of tuina.