Using diet in clinical practice
Date(s): 08 June 2017
Time: 10am - 5pm
This workshop will focus on nutritional approaches to the major syndromes identified by Chinese Medicine and will give participants a strategy for formulating nutritional advice. Most practitioners have more knowledge than they realise about Chinese Medicine nutrition but lack the confidence to apply that knowledge in practice. This workshop is intended to empower students and practitioners to give clear and effective nutritional guidance to their clients.
During the day we will cover the following:
- key considerations in formulating your dietary strategy
- identifying key foods and selecting appropriate temperatures , flavours and cooking methods
- understanding where Chinese Medicine nutrition sits in relation to other dietary approaches
- incorporating western supplements
- creating healing soups and recipes
Some of the session will be based on case studies and participants are welcome to bring their own case studies for discussion. The day is suitable for both practitioners and students. Daverick’s approach is pragmatic and creative, grounded in what actually works and is achievable in real life.
Daverick Leggett is a nutrition specialist and author of seminal works Recipes for Self-Healing and Helping Ourselves. He teaches in the UK and abroad. He first came to Chinese medicine via shiatsu and has taught the Zhixing Wang style of qigong for 25 years.