Trigger points and beyond
Date(s): 16 - 17 January 2020
Time: 10am - 5pm
Eligibility: Acupuncture practitioners & 3rd students
Prerequisite for Day 2 is attendance of Day 1
Trigger points are effective acupuncture pain relieving points connected to muscular skeletal and nerve tissue. Treatments have an immediate effect and are easy to integrate with traditional Chinese acupuncture.
You will practice all of the techniques demonstrated by Nicholas, understand the underlying theory and be ready to use trigger points back in your clinic. Teaching includes:
- Theory and locating, palpating and needling trigger points
- Tapping techniques at muscle attachments
- Learning and practicing spinal nerve stimulation to all areas of the body using HuaTuo’s Jiaji points
- Influential muscular points including anatomy/function of muscles described in treatment protocols
- Muscular and myofascial connection to channels and organs including emotional responses when treating muscles
- Treating legs, knees, hips, sacroiliac joint and lower back, shoulders, neck, head, jaw and face
Nicholas Garner is an acupuncturist and physical therapist with more than 20 years clinical and teaching experience in Chinese medicine and also modern Western acupuncture techniques. He is principal and primary teacher at Copenhagen acupuncture school and practices at Medital Klinik Denmark.