The art of needling with qi - level 2: intention and treatment
Date(s): 28 - 29 March 2020
Time: 10am - 5pm
Eligibility: Qualified acupuncturists
This course advances your needle technique. You will learn qigong exercises to develop your ability to move qi in ways that are relevant to individual patients. You will also develop skills to amplify the effectiveness of your needle technique.
The needle skills covered in level 1 will be reviewed and deepened. You will also learn to:
- Know clearly when you have obtained deqi
- Assess how your patients’ qi is moving within a point
- Use only enough of your own qi as is needed to ‘catalyze’ the desired movement of your patients’ qi
- Assess, by feeling qi, when a treatment is complete
- Continuously return to your neutral qi-sensing state to prevent burnout
- You will also develop skills to amplify the effectiveness of your needle technique
Bill will be assisted in this seminar by John Hicks, Angela Hicks and Kim Chan.
Prerequisite: Must be an experienced acupuncture practitioner and have completed ‘The art of needling with qi level 1: point location and needle insertion’.
Bill Ryan has studied qigong, tai chi, and related energy arts since 1980 with Daoist Lineage Master Bruce Frantzis. In 1992 Bill founded Brookline Tai Chi near Boston, USA which, under his direction, reached a peak enrolment of over 450 students. He now teaches qi gong and practices qigong tui na bodywork. The approach to needling that he teaches is an adaptation of the approach used in qigong tui na energy gate and channel work. Find out more about Bill at www.billryanenergyarts.com
- Awesome! By attending Bill’s seminars my needling has evolved in an exciting way. John Hicks